If you are one of the many people who love vintage décor, collectibles, clothes, and accessories – then Banbury and its surrounding villages are the place for you! In addition to great indie shops (many with a vintage or retro vibe), we’ve got vintage specialty shops, antiques & collectibles centres with multiple dealers in a single convenient location, auction houses and – the favourite shopping stomping ground of vintage bargain hunters worldwide – a great selection of charity shops.
VINTAGE & SPECIALTY SHOPS
- Frogabilia: Decorative antiques, vintage collectibles & jewelry, an array of retro styles and art in Church Lane
- Banbury Emporium -vintage records and CDs, music systems, Retro games and gaming equipment, toys, posters and more. Tucked in to White Lion Walk
- Buzzy’s Emporium: Antiques, Memorabilia and Collectibles in the heart of the Old Town area of Banbury.
- Golden Age of Cycles: supplying and maintaining quality British vintage racing bicycles from the 1950s to the 1980s, on North Bar
- Second Time Around: a charity furniture restoration project that recycles unwanted or donated wooden furniture. They also host vintage flea markets and there’s also a coffee shop onsite – shopping is thirsty work. find them on the Beaumont Industrial Estate
- Books and Ink – my favourite vintage items! Rare out-of-print, used books, secondhand books, antiquarian books and new books. All from Banbury’s independent bookshop which can be found in White Lion Walk.
MULTI-VENDOR ANTIGUE & COLLECTIBLE CENTRES
Banbury Antiques Centre: Co-located with Barn Farm Plants, there are multiple dealers are based here with all sorts of vintage, antique and collectible goodies; free parking and cafe on site as well; Wardington OX17 1SN
Banbury Antiques Market: This is a twice-monthly expansion of the weekly market in the Town Centre; every second and fourth Thursday of the month; Marketplace, town centre
Deddington Antique Centre: One of the oldest established antique centres in Oxfordshire, ranging over the four-stories; Laurel House, Bullring, Deddington OX15 0TT
Brackley Antique Cellar: At 30,000 sq ft and featuring 160 dealers as well as a cafe, it’s no wonder this is described as the largest purpose-built centre in the Midlands; Draymans Walk, Brackley NN13 6BE
Station Mill Antiques Centre (in Chipping Norton but as it says up top ‘Banbury and the surrounding area’) is home to 80 dealers and has a huge selection of constantly changing stock. Station Rd, Chipping Norton OX7 5HX.
- Holloway Auctioneers: specialises in antiques and fine art sales and found on Parsons St.
- JS Fine Art Auctioneers: holds regular general and specialist auctions. Oxford Rd, Bodicote, Banbury OX15 4AQ
- Age UK: 3A Parsons St, OX16 5LW
- Barnardo’s: 59 Parsons St, OX16 8NB
- Blue Cross: 77 High St, OX16 5JG
- British Heart Foundation: 83 High St, OX16 5JG
- British Heart Foundation Furniture & Electrical: 10-15 Broad St, OX16 5BN
- Cancer Research UK: 9 Parsons St, OX16 5LW
- Children’s Society: 6 Rotary Way, OX16 1ER
- Helen & Douglas House: 10 Church Ln, OX16 5LR
- Katharine House Hospice: 15 Bridge St, OX16 5PN
- Katharine House Hospice Furniture Shop: 40 High St, OX16 5ET
- Sue Ryder Care: 175 Warwick Rd, OX16 2AB
I’ll update with more sources, cool finds or useful ideas as they become available. I’m even planning a downloadable guide to carry with you on your next great charity shop crawl or retro roadtrip. In the mean time, go forth and score a great find. And let us know where you found it.